Here are 10 things you need to do right now as an entrepreneur in 2019
There are so many things that entrepreneurs do right, and often it is for the world to see. Yet there are still some things that we don’t quite get right. 2019 is going to be a huge year. If you don’t plan ahead, think strategically and move fast when required your competitors will be reaping your rewards.
10 ways you can set your business up for marketing success this year
- 2019 business plan must be ready to be implemented on January 1. If not, forget it.
- Employees are changing and with the new breed of employee coming into the game, employers need to adapt how they engage employees, and develop a strategy for the different types of employees that make up a company’s culture. For us, it means ensuring that employees that have been here a long time and are more seasoned get what they need out of their roles, and the newer employees see our workplace as fresh, innovative and collaborative.
- Add more technology to the equation. Why many companies feel that there is only so much technology they can possibly use, in our business there are so many new marketing technologies that are coming into play and are making our clients connect with prospects in a more intuitive, automated way – that we really cannot ignore anything that goes to market.
- Celebrate successes in a way that is conducive to a culture that is full of winners.
- Ensure that your business model is relevant and not yesterday’s version of who you should be.
- Put budget aside for a rainy day – and get rid of any business loans as fast as you can.
- Employ people that are culture first and technical skills second.
- Make sure your onboarding program is seamless and makes new employees feel like they have made the right choice for their careers.
- Take more risks that are calculated by slightly daring.
- Don’t be afraid of change. If your business doesn’t evolve, then you certainly won’t.
Running a business in 2019 is exciting. You never know what is outside the door, but you can definitely plan for the unknown and make sure your business is in place.
Employees are everything. Train them well. Give them reason to believe in your brand. Share your vision and goals. Give them direction that allows them the freedom to challenge it and make it their own. Provide people with empowerment and growth opportunities that they wouldn’t get elsewhere. Set daily goals and get your whole team no matter how big or small it is, working towards the same goals. Often when you set small goals, they become big wins.
At Marketing Eye, everyone is excited about the future and where we are heading as a company. We have the power to be the most significant player in small to medium sized business marketing in the world.